Thursday


In a past life

We loved one another until dawn came up,
Dancing into the sky with our mouths
Wide open.
To express my feelings, to let the fragile beast out. I couldn’t wish upon a soul, the amount of rain I have seen.
I have dealt with snow and dead flowers but nothing compares to the love we made in the summer's heat. I remember the first
Time your silk mouth touched mine.

Memories of us stacked in my back brain. I just can't seem to let go.

Lord knows I will never forget your name,
Or the way your fingertips ever so gently
Ran across my skin--

I can’t forget the time you made me feel like
The Queen of the Forest, you filled my mind with
Gentle lies of beauty and strength.

Taking us time to rekindle, all you’ve ever
Gotten was a kiss from this mouth,

Before the sea came in and took you away from me.

One day, when we meet again, when the sail on your boat
Takes you to me...

     Shivers down my spine, only to bring back time

We once held together with hands our mother gave us.

Can you please just speak to me, my mind wanders
To places it knows not to go and

I can’t

Fucking
Take it.

Please tell me,

Why did you come back?


No comments:

Post a Comment