Friday


Is it strange I can’t stop dreaming of an old me?

An old us-
Remember the time we passionately kissed in the summer’s
Rain? Just this very thought, brought tears to my eyes-
We ran around like children, laughing and smiling.
The       Time        Of        Our        Lives.
Then we ran inside only to escape reality-            
To take shelter from the evening's events and to unwind.
Out of breath, our bones are cold, we huddle close
Under a warm blanket.
All I remember is your smile and my smile and nothing else
In the world existed. This.    Was.      Life.
The warmth from the blanket, the warmth from your
Heart, both built that fire inside my soul.
Everyone suggests we only look forward,
            But I think today and for the rest of time-
I’d like to bring back the old me.
Maybe the new you,-
     Join in this
                                                  dance with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment